The Northern Mariner
| English | |
The Northern Mariner - online content
While many back issues are still at a modest price, the Society believes that the research and scholarship of past issues should be made widely available. The following should be noted:
- General copyright [both Canadian and International] remains with the Canadian Nautical Research Society. Where images were supplied with permission from other copyright holders, the source is gratefully acknowledged in the caption. No content may be reproduced, except for personal use, without prior written consent.
- From Volume XVI onwards, the transcriptions are faithful to the published articles. Prior transcriptions have been produced electronically with some manual editing; the Canadian Nautical Research Society will not be held responsible for errors and ommissions. However, comments and suggestions are welcomed by the .
- Specifically, for Volumes I to XV, proper names (both personal and geographical), accented characters and the superscripting of footnote/endnote numbering are subject to caution.
- Content that is less than two years old (considered as Volume XXV onwards) is (user name and password ). At the completion of each "volume year" a further Volume will be made publicly available here. Please consider to subscribe to current issues, which are all available in hard copy.
- NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, these files are in .pdf format and require Adobe
Index only 
Vol. XXVI, No. 1, full text.
Vol. XXVI, No. 2, full text.
Vol. XXVI, No. 3, full text.
Vol. XXVI, No. 4, full text.
Index only 
Vol. XXVII, No. 1, full text.
Vol. XXVII, No. 2, full text.
Vol. XXVII, No. 2, J. Cavell and P. Kikkert by Elizabeth B. Elliot-Meisel.
Vol. XXVII, No. 3, full text.
Vol. XXVII, No. 4, full text.
To print selected pages from a .pdf file (for example, a single book review from the "Reviews" section), please see our .
Note : The Northern Mariner/le marin du nord, Vol XXVI to date - electronic publication witheld; back issues are .
Note : Despite Note , our policy is to make our book reviews available as soon as they are published.
Canadian Nautical Research Society - Société canadienne pour la recherche nautique
P.O. Box 34029
Copyright © 2012-2017, CNRS / SCRN.
Last revised: 30 December 2017
Technology by Stormy Weather